Railroad Forums 

• North Station DNC preperations

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#24416  by sery2831

Last night a 300 series coach was placed on track one at the bunter for MBCR crews to have a place to go between trains at north station. This car was damaged about 2 years ago in Manchester-by-the-Sea. They have super tinted the windows so the public cant see in, and have removed half of the seats on the inside. Not sure how the car is going to be powered. After that car was placed, the same crew brought a flat car on track ten to remove the two trailers we used to have for breaks. The MBTAs RC130 wreck crane was used to lift the trailers onto the car, first time I had ever seen the wreck crane inside north station. Too bad I had left my camera at home!

#24462  by ST214

Hey John, How are you? Been a while since i've heard from you. So you live in Fitchburg now???

Anyway, wasen't the break room the Trainmasters office???

#24542  by Diverging Route

Shouldn't they have used a 500- or 1500-series car with a potty? Where will the crews go now?

#24544  by caduceus

Yup, 363 I believe (stenciled MBTX - must have planned to get it repaired) is on track 1. I guess I never noticed that track 1 was never used.

Weren't they supposed to use the stripped Budds sitting near BET for this?

#24595  by sery2831

Dont even get me started on the rest rooms!
Track one is used, they have installed wheel stops and a baracade just short of the car. The car is lettered because eventually it will be sent to TTA in New York to be rebuilt. They currently have two 1600 cars there being worked on from the same accident.
As far as a break room in the TMs office, there is a little space for us in there. But it's mostly for calling for messages and paper work. That office is going to be closed too, soon! I am not sure where it's going to be relocated. I know that's why they got 2 budd cars and not one. But it looks like those cars will not be used.

#24904  by jwhite07

Too bad I had left my camera at home!
Yeah, but then you'd have to report yourself per that new special instruction! :P

#24956  by sery2831

LOL :D

#25199  by Robert Paniagua

A little off-topic, but have you all seen the ugly pickets by the Boston Police? They could wind up hindering the convention because other folks trying to do work for the DNC wouldn't cross their picket lines.
 #25205  by Ron Newman

I sometimes commute on the Fitchburg line from Porter Square to North Station. When I walked out of the FleetCenter east entrance around 9:35 Tuesday morning, the police union picket line was entirely blocking the sidewalk on the north side of Causeway Street. You had to walk all the way out into the street to get by it.

#25218  by Stephen

Getting back to caduceus' earlier question, does anyone know the status of the Budd cars at the BET?

#25373  by jwhite07

Still where they were spotted when they were brought down from Billerica, untouched. You can see them from the Orange Line.

#25618  by Stephen

Yeah, jwhite07, I've seen them recently, I am just wondering if there are other plans for them since they weren't used at North Station. Are the for sale again? Maybe for scrap or reuse?
Thanks,
Stephen