Railroad Forums 

• CR Schedules Effective June 22, 2020

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1545088  by RenegadeMonster

These actually look a lot more like scheduled phase 2 for reduced service than returning to pre-pandemic service.

More service than the weekend schedules we have seen the last couple of months. But nowhere near the service levels we saw on the Newberryport / Rockport lines pre-pandemic.

I know you mentioned fewer express trains. There are actual no express trains running during peak service for the Newberryport / Rockport lines now. There used to be 4 inbound during the morning rush and 3 outbound during the evening rush.

There is one Outbound Express very early in the morning and 2 inbound express late at night. I also noticed that the local trains that usually follow the express trains have been cut. There are fewer trains and longer waits between trains.

I'm sure this is fine because I don't expect as many people to be commenting this summer as pre-pandemic. I myself have recently heard now that we don't expect to be back into the office until September at the earliest now and will continue working from home.

The schedule seems to fit this concept. I also hope that with fewer trains they have more cars to work with so people can social distance better.