• Needham Line

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: CRail, sery2831

by Rbts Stn

troffey wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:14 pm According to another post, equipment and crews are based out of Boston at the time. Whether that's only for some lines or all lines, I don't know.
Thanks. Didn't realize they had enough space in Boston to keep that many extras.
  by Trinnau

Only the 2 Needham trains have been relocated to Boston. The rest of the layover yards are still in use.
  by BandA

Are they worried about vandalism at small layover yards, or maybe with the reduced schedules the first train originates in Boston?
  by troffey

No idea why. But there was a post in the Gloucester Draw thread that no sets were being stored in Rockport either. I can't imagine they could fit everything in Boston, especially for the South side.
  by CRail

Rockport and Bradford are closed on the north side. Some of the equipment has been dispersed into existing sets making them longer. I think Boston can handle two additional south side sets, but they may have done the same thing.