Railroad Forums 

• 2018 Subway Delay Thread

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1456800  by Type 7 3684

It's the Green Line's turn for severe delays:
Green Line experiencing severe delays due to a signal problem at Park Street.
 #1457095  by Type 7 3684

Harvard Station closed due to Cambridge Fire Department activity. Red Line trains will run express through the station until further notice.
 #1457483  by Type 7 3684

Green Line is a mess. Shuttles are running along the entire C line and from Kenmore to Fenway on the D line due to a power problem. The exact same thing happened this morning too, except shuttles on the C only ran from Kenmore-St. Mary’s. What exactly is going on?
 #1457641  by Type 7 3684

Bus shuttles replace Orange Line this weekend between Sullivan Sq and N Station due to emergency station repairs at Community College
 #1457660  by Type 7 3684

Not sure. They did change the alert, though.
Bus shuttles replace Orange Line service between Sullivan Square and North Station on Sunday, January 21, from the start of service to 9:00 AM, due to unscheduled maintenance repairs at Community College.
 #1457669  by F-line to Dudley via Park

deathtopumpkins wrote:Any idea what the "emergency station repairs" are?
Unverified reports on th' Twitters are that it's platform overhang concrete that flunked a routine inspection...but is NOT life-and-limb unstable for today's commute, just needing a priority patch as soon as first feasible.

(CAVEAT: Twitter, and so-far unverified, so needs much corroboration)
 #1458104  by West

There’s been a power supply problem on the Green Line for several days. C and D branches affected. I ride the D, the affected area is Kenmore to Longwood with the Kenmore to Fenway stretch apparently the worst of it. For several days they’ve been holding trains back from that zone so as to limit the number of trains drawing powers in that stretch. I’ve heard announcements at Kenmore that C branch is also affected but I don’t know how far out from Kenmore. Just a few stops I think.

The issue started last week when there was one day with bus substitutions on both lines. Friday if memory serves. They seem to have been able to manage with limiting vehicles in that area but it is causing ripple effect delays. MBTA site says nothing more than “a power problem”. The drivers have provided more clarity, seem to have been given a script, which I’ve taken at face value as it makes coherent sense with how they’re dealing with it.
 #1462824  by DaWolf85

typesix wrote:Officially, there is a leak being repaired.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/0 ... story.html
There's been a similar leakage going on at Sullivan for over a year that has clearly rotted several ties. Wonder if they've noticed that one yet. It's right near the southern end of the platform. No leaks I saw at Community College during my time going to Bunker Hill were anywhere close to that one.
 #1462946  by Type 7 3684

This is different...
Shuttle buses replacing Orange Line service between Back Bay and Jackson Square due to a station problem.
 #1462971  by BostonUrbEx

The "station problem" was a beam that fell onto a train. I don't know if it was a structural beam or something more simple, but didn't sound too good.