Railroad Forums 

• 2017 Commuter Rail Delay Discussion Thread

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1448095  by jaymac

It's on the Service Alerts: The 10-23-2017 400 -- power unknown -- had repeated engine resets and was to "run" to Littleton for 402 to pick up the riders. Mebbe complicating things was the PAR OCS occupying Ayer platform.
 #1448903  by RenegadeMonster

Kind of a blanket all trains alert this morning:
Commuter rail service may experience delays this morning, wind, downed trees & power outages throughout the area

My commute in this morning was horrible. Train showed up 20 minutes late and it was even a train scheduled earlier than the one I was waiting for. That's not the worst part, the worst was this train had 3 train loads of people on a 4 car set... Needless to say, it was like riding the orange line. Also, first time I ever heard the conductors say "sorry, no room" when we stoped at Swapmpscott.

Also, when the train stopped at Salem, being a 4 car set a lot of people were passed the back of the train, and when they couldn't open the rear door on the last care they all climbed over the engine to board :(
 #1448914  by Frode

The Providence line was closed for a while this morning due to a tree down on the tracks near Mansfield. The Stoughton line was running with delays. The line was then partially reopened with inbound trains to Boston running on the outbound track. I understand that it's now fully operational.
 #1448974  by RenegadeMonster

The commute home was just as bad.

The 5:40 Newburyport train was delayed 10 minutes and was a 4 car set. Just as crowded as this morning, standing room only. All vestibules filled. People were opening their own doors / trap doors because it was impossible to walk through the aisle in the cars to get to a conductor until after Salem.
 #1449795  by jaymac

0650/11-08-2017 Service Alert shows 402 20-30 behind cuzza mechanical issues. 402 reported main res air down to 88 on 1 just west of 330 at 0556. Per D-3, Keolis wanted to run 404 around them, but 402 reported themselves on the move at 0609.