Railroad Forums 

• Historic Depot in Danvers

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1359052  by BostonUrbEx

Does the town own the plot with the old freight depot at Charter & Hobart? That'd be a great spot, if so. Right along the railtrail, too.
 #1359173  by Badandy

BostonUrbEx wrote:Does the town own the plot with the old freight depot at Charter & Hobart? That'd be a great spot, if so. Right along the railtrail, too.
The depot and property , I believe, is owned by Hot Watt Corp. directly across the street from there. I know they use it for storage.
By looking at the reburb and paint job of the freight depot, somebody there is a B&M buff!
 #1428292  by highrail

Salem News reporting today that the old depot has sustained significant fire damage due to a fire in a truck that was parked next to the depot. The fire spread to the station, but was stopped before it was totally lost...unclear of extent of the damage. Photo shows most damage to one side and it was reported that the fire got into the attic.

http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_new ... 66db7.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve

PS I had recently written a story on the depot for the Mass bay RRE "Callboy." It was/is slated to be moved and preserved by the Town of Danvers. Fingers crossed!