Railroad Forums 

• Remembering Paul Joyce (3rd Rail)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1307132  by MEC407

MBTA1016 wrote:Sorry for making this a separate post but I felt it was needed.

I found the link for his obituary on the funeral home website.

Sgt. Paul Joyce (Ret) http://currentobituary.com/ShowObit.asp ... mber_id=77" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I added my condolence on it already.
Just wondering if a longer, more detailed obituary was ever written for Paul... and if so, could someone please post it here?
 #1317911  by Cosmo

You know? I can't think if he'd be laughing from the clouds or spinning in his grave... I tend to like the former better though. ;)
 #1319328  by mxdata

What would Paul have to say about the current state of the Flying Yankee?

Website two years out of date and not a festive Gala in sight!

MX
 #1319640  by ThinkNarrow

mxdata wrote:What would Paul have to say about the current state of the Flying Yankee?
Website two years out of date and not a festive Gala in sight!
A question: Might Paul be offered a "chocolate trilogy" at a Gala in the afterlife?
Another question: Would he eat it?
-John
 #1343855  by Gerry6309

Jeff Smith wrote:I updated Paul's signature in his profile to reflect his passing. It had not occurred to me before to do that.
Paul was a significant contributor this forum, taking the time to research many obscure facts. He also researched the role the police played in dealing with many events where public safety was threatened. He is missed, even if he did usurp my original Quiz thread!
 #1397948  by djimpact1

I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all, as I can see Mr. Joyce had a significant impact on MBTA culture/discussions...with that said, this thread has been a "sticky" for 3 years now. Will it be cataloged with the other non-sticky threads anytime soon?

At this rate, when Mr. Bradley Clarke's time is among us, I expect a 10-year "sticky" for his contributions.