Railroad Forums 

• Interesting Consist Discussion for the South Side

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1261108  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

WatertownCarBarn wrote:Sorry to ask such an obvious question, but 4/10 - 4/11 BET to Southampton will be by the Grand Junction correct?
That is the quickest, most commonly used way to get from the North side to the South side, via the Grand Junction....the other route is to go out to Ayer, MA, down to Worcester, MA and then back East to Boston, the later routing taking a few hours one way
 #1262432  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:Geo train, heading out on the WML today OD 7:05 am Not sure what time we are heading out, but look for the gaps in traffic....consist as of Saturday was a GP40MC, 2 flats-Geo car-15**
consist: 1120-258-213-1002-1523

look for this train to go to Hyannis tomorrow. We put up in Middleboro Facility tonight, and IFIRC, OD time tomorrow is 8am...again, look for a gap in the traffic for Middleboro/Lakeville station for those who want to catch it...it'll be a quick move out of the facility...unlike this morning "palm face"
 #1262572  by ACeInTheHole

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:Geo train, heading out on the WML today OD 7:05 am Not sure what time we are heading out, but look for the gaps in traffic....consist as of Saturday was a GP40MC, 2 flats-Geo car-15**

look for this train to go to Hyannis tomorrow. We put up in Middleboro Facility tonight, and IFIRC, OD time tomorrow is 8am...again, look for a gap in the traffic for Middleboro/Lakeville station for those who want to catch it...it'll be a quick move out of the facility...unlike this morning "palm face"
Excuse the diversion.. But what happened this morning? Lol
 #1262587  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

ACeInTheHole wrote:

We ran out to Worcester, scanned all tracks, back to Boston, ran up the Grand Jct., came back and DH'ed the equipment down to Middleboro
 #1262620  by ACeInTheHole

ACeInTheHole wrote:

We ran out to Worcester, scanned all tracks, back to Boston, ran up the Grand Jct., came back and DH'ed the equipment down to Middleboro
Oh, Ok. I just thought there was a funny story associated with the facepalm bit
 #1262622  by BigUglyCat

ACeInTheHole wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:

Yes, me too. Are we talking about the same morning?
 #1262900  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

BigUglyCat wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:

Yes, me too. Are we talking about the same morning?
aaahhh yes yes, sorry, was quite exhausted yesterday...Amtrak Terminal was having heavy congestion problems in South Station, took us an hour and 10 minutes to get from the Front Yard in SHSY to South Station, it was a slow start to the day, but the rest of the day went swimmingly
 #1268466  by nomis

Amtrak 193, one amfleet and Amtk 2 (the hiawithia), setup as "pull-pull" just departed NS presumably for the Grand Jct. As seen from my Eastern Route train .

PS. the section of track that has been OOS near A is back in service, but still showing some rust.
 #1268501  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

nomis wrote:Amtrak 193, one amfleet and Amtk 2 (the hiawithia), setup as "pull-pull" just departed NS presumably for the Grand Jct. As seen from my Eastern Route train .

PS. the section of track that has been OOS near A is back in service, but still showing some rust.
The Portland Xtra arrived at South Station aprox. 4:50p on Track 3...They had to wait for us 5 pm'ers to head outta town before going over to Southampton St. Yard
 #1268640  by drvmusic

I was near the tracks in Weston today at work and heard the familiar rumble that told me a CR train was coming. To my surprise, GP9 904 comes rumbling by with a consist of small hopper cars. That made my day as I LOVE Geeps and have never seen that one in motion. It was on the Worcester line.

Anyone know if it's heading back in the other direction later so I can see it go by again?
 #1268653  by GP40MC1118

It's on a stone train today. When done it'll head back to Beacon Park to drop the
hoppers, then back to Southampton Street Yard.

D