Railroad Forums 

• Kawasaki Rebuild Program at Alstom

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1301273  by 8th Notch

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:Hopefully they didn't get 'Rotemed' in a negative way during these rebuilds.
That was the plan, they are suppose to get same software and other upgrades to the same spec as the Rotems that way all of the features play nice and work 100%. Even the HSP's have the same software as the Rotems installed to allow for 100% of the train line features to be displayed in the engine.
 #1301486  by Bramdeisroberts

8th Notch wrote:
F-line to Dudley via Park wrote:Hopefully they didn't get 'Rotemed' in a negative way during these rebuilds.
That was the plan, they are suppose to get same software and other upgrades to the same spec as the Rotems that way all of the features play nice and work 100%. Even the HSP's have the same software as the Rotems installed to allow for 100% of the train line features to be displayed in the engine.
Well then, it'll be nice that everyone at North Station will now be able to know that they're approaching Salem :wink:
 #1306422  by GP40MC1118

Was supposed to go out for a road test Friday to Newburyport, but was cancelled.
Should be making another attempt Monday. On duty at 10AM BET and hopefully
behind Train No.113 from Boston. Will go to Newburyport & return.

D
 #1306440  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

MetroBostonRailways wrote:Does anyone have any pictures of what the cars look like?
I've seen pictures of the cab, same set up as the Rotems, 9 aspect Cab signal display unit, same operating computer screen above the windshield. What is odd is that the horn, bell, headlights, all have been converted to buttons, like the 1800's, and located on the panel to the left, and as 8th Notch wrote, look almost exactly the same. I questioned the pictures myself, but couldn't miss the 1705 number board
 #1306445  by F-line to Dudley via Park

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
MetroBostonRailways wrote:Does anyone have any pictures of what the cars look like?
I've seen pictures of the cab, same set up as the Rotems, 9 aspect Cab signal display unit, same operating computer screen above the windshield. What is odd is that the horn, bell, headlights, all have been converted to buttons, like the 1800's, and located on the panel to the left, and as 8th Notch wrote, look almost exactly the same. I questioned the pictures myself, but couldn't miss the 1705 number board
As long as they weren't fitted with the same gremlins that are making the Brokems' baseline reliability pure and total garbage, nothing wrong with making all these fleet consistency-related touches.

Now, did these things get uprated to 90 (93?) MPH MAS like the Rotems and HSP-46's? Providence Line riders would love to know if they're got a snowball's chance of getting an equipment pool rationed with the faster equipment to betterment of their schedules.