Railroad Forums 

• Kawasaki Rebuild Program at Alstom

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1499451  by sonicdoommario

Is it in service just for the day or is it good to go? The MBTA mentioned that they are using every car in service today for the Patriots parade. Does that include the Kawasakis that were in testing, and if so, would they go back into testing after today?
 #1499829  by johnpbarlow

sonicdoommario wrote:755 is going to be the next car sent out to Alstom. First one since I believe the 1720 this past summer.
I'm guessing this is coach 755 heading west on Pan Am freight POED at South Royalston on Monday 2/4/19. I though it odd that the MBTA double decker was placed as car #6 in the consist with most of the train tonnage on its drawbar, as opposed to being placed on the rear of the train trailed by a single car hosting the EOT.
Attachments:
PAS POED S Royalston 020419 5 small.jpg
PAS POED S Royalston 020419 5 small.jpg (282.56 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
 #1501182  by sonicdoommario

724 is also back in service too.

What's the deal with 757 and 767 remaining in testing? Looking at the web archive of NETransit, they've been in testing for quite a long time now. Are they waiting for the 700-749 series to completely finish before releasing these two?
 #1502469  by CRail

If you do not have accurate information, do not post any.

757 and 767 were returned stripped and used for testing out of Rochester (finished rebuilds were tested with them in train, they were not being tested themselves). They have been sent back to Alstom.
 #1503010  by sonicdoommario

Between the two, I'd guess that 1716 would be the first of the two to come back. I think 1716 was sent last June while 1720 was sent in August I think. I tried piecing this together using the archived pages of NETransit at web.archive.org.

An average rebuild takes around a year, right?