Railroad Forums 

• rate the lines

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#211690  by benltrain

this is an open topic for anyone who wants to share their ratings 1(bad)-10(good) of any or all of the lines (MARC or VRE). any personal feelings on what makes them good or bad would be nice too.

same topic also on some other forums.

my ratings (from what i've ridden):
MARC Penn Line: 7.5- Amtrak service and frequency make it more fun that your average line

MARC Brunswick Line: 7.5- Scenery and variety of service and stations make it fun. Also a nice ending for a long trip from Chicago on the capitol limited

#232223  by gprimr1

I like the Penn line because there aren't really any freight trains to slow us down.

I've never rode the Camden or Brunswick line. I wanted to do the Brunswick one but I didn't know it had bathrooms on it so I didn't want to be without a bathrom.

#232267  by benltrain

gprimr1 wrote:I like the Penn line because there aren't really any freight trains to slow us down.

I've never rode the Camden or Brunswick line. I wanted to do the Brunswick one but I didn't know it had bathrooms on it so I didn't want to be without a bathrom.
so some suritomos (i know, never get the name right) lack bathrooms i take it. otherwise, then it should have one.

#232431  by gprimr1

I was on a train and the first two cars didn't have bathrooms but the third one did. I was actually suprised when I sat down and I looked over and there was a bathroom. It's a pleasent suprise because most cheap mass transit doesn't have bathrooms. But I guess because of the distance some people travel they have to.

#232485  by benltrain

a ride beyond brunswick definetely merits a bathroom. it is a VERY long trip to martinsburg