Railroad Forums 

• WMATA - Fairfax Cty recommends updating 2 station names

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1545199  by JDC

For 'branding' reasons, Fairfax County is recommending to Metro that the Tysons Corner station be renamed to just ' Tysons.' Also, because UVA is leaving its campus by the West Falls Church station, the county is recommending that UVA be dropped from the station's full name, though VT would remain because that school is not moving, https://patch.com/virginia/fallschurch/ ... o-stations
 #1545325  by Sand Box John

Proposing the shortening of station names, how refreshing ! !

The only rub is, all of the maps and station graphics for phase II of the Silver line are either in place or already made up and waiting to be installed.
 #1545350  by JDC

I suppose that's a benefit of the new station models that we saw roll out last summer as a result of the Platform project - no physical maps any more, just large LCD screens. No need to update anything at those stations except via pixels.
 #1545362  by Sand Box John

[i][b]JDC[/b]
I suppose that's a benefit of the new station models that we saw roll out last summer as a result of the Platform project - no physical maps any more, just large LCD screens. No need to update anything at those stations except via pixels.[/i]

You forgot about the printed maps in all the other station and aboard train along with the strip maps on the wall signs and on pylons in the station that have them.