Railroad Forums 

• Looking for pictures of Rohr 1000 series rolling stock

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1496554  by mdesoto

Hey guys:

This winter I found myself struck by the railfan bug. And it has manifested in a deep immersion into n-scale modeling. So now I'm embarking on an effort to build a side platform underground metro station complete with track occupancy detection to trigger platform lights, among other nerdy things.

But also this: I'd like to have super realistic rolling stock. After a ton of Googling, I've found exactly two sources for rolling stock (1000 and 7000) on a 3d printing website. The 7000 isn't dimensionally accurate, and the 1000 doesn't include the underbody or truck detail. So I'm thinking about building and printing my own 3D model. I like the look of the 1000 series and so that's the one I'm focusing on for now.

The problem is that I can't find any pictures of the side of the car. At least not any at a high enough resolution for me to work with. Most pictures of the cars were taken from station platforms, which obviously doesn't help very much. So: Does anybody have some high(er) resolution side view pictures they'd be willing to share? I'd be very, very appreciative for any assistance.

As an aside, I read somewhere on this forum (though now I cannot find) where someone mentioned the existence of old CAD drawings. Am I making this up? Does anybody know where I might find these? If they really exist.
 #1496758  by Sand Box John

"mdesoto"
Thanks a lot guys. This is fantastic.

Do you know of any other hidden gems inside the WMATA procurement system?

Depends on what you are looking for. Almost everything WMATA has solicited over the last dozen or so years is viewable on the internet. You can search using Google or search at their web site. Phasing of the query (WMATA speak) will render better results.