• When I FINALLY get down to DC next month..............

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by Mdlbigcat

......there are two areas I must ride, one is the new Blue Line Extension to Largo, and next is the Metro/Fairfax Connection routes in thew Rt. 1 area [my old stomping grounds].

Anything else I should ride? Recommendatons are welcome.
  by Head-end View

I like the Orange Line to Vienna best. And the other direction to New Carrollton is interesting too; part of it parallels the Northeast Corridor.

Also the lines past Ronald Reagan Airport down through Alexandria are just as good. Spectacular, but brief view from the Potomac River Bridge and you see the planes landing and taking off. :wink:
  by Robert Paniagua

You may also want to go to Shady Grove on the Red Line, where I used to take the train from when I lived in Germantown, MD back in '87. That line also follows the ROW of CSX's Martinsburg, WV route, and you can see both Freight trains with MARC trains. NTM Amtrak's Capitol Limited (29 and 30) also use those tracks, you could even catch it from the WMATA Shady Grove Red Line.