Railroad Forums 

• 20 minute headway on Red line due to rebulding

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1421302  by Backshophoss

The 20 min headways are most likely the best and SAFEST way to maintain service on the Red Line until the needed
repairs are done on the other track.
Single tracking might be a pain to deal with in the short term,but needed to fix many problems that were not tended to
when "reported" before the current "state of good repair" blitz across the entire system.
 #1421306  by MCL1981

Working on one track while trains pass on another shouldn't be an issue. However to that point, I'm sure there are indeed a multitude of safety violations taking place in the process. Both on the part of the work crew and the part of the train operators. It's the Metro way.
Chris Brown wrote:Why so much hostility?
Are you asking yourself a question on the forum? Or just pretending the problem is everyone else except you?
 #1421509  by Chris Brown

MCL1981 wrote:Working on one track while trains pass on another shouldn't be an issue. However to that point, I'm sure there are indeed a multitude of safety violations taking place in the process. Both on the part of the work crew and the part of the train operators. It's the Metro way.
Chris Brown wrote:Why so much hostility?
Are you asking yourself a question on the forum? Or just pretending the problem is everyone else except you?
So you people think I should be happy about crappy service?

You also think when I ask questions about WHY the service is bad and I get sarcastic and mean responses I should just smile and take it?

Interesting.
 #1421582  by MCL1981

This has nothing to do with enjoying crappy service. You didn't make this post just to vent about delays. You made ludicrous demands and assumptions, intertwined with some fairly obvious questions. Your questions were answered, and the foolishness your demands/assumptions were explained. Several times. By several people. You don't like like that you were wrong, and are blaming everyone else for it.
 #1421621  by John_Perkowski

Robert, Apologies for stepping in. We got a report on the thread, and I got out the broom, dustpan, mop and mop bucket.