Railroad Forums 

• Surge #10 on the red line

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1408034  by MCL1981

Just from what I've seen passing by on the MARC train... It looks like at least 1/3 of the wooden ties have been removed for replacement. They also cleaned up the decades of trash, litter, debris, and random junk that was scattered all over the place. Which amounts to a very large pile of trash.
 #1408147  by realtype

MCL1981 wrote:Just from what I've seen passing by on the MARC train... It looks like at least 1/3 of the wooden ties have been removed for replacement. They also cleaned up the decades of trash, litter, debris, and random junk that was scattered all over the place. Which amounts to a very large pile of trash.
Are a lot of people riding the MARC from Silver Spring?
 #1408194  by MCL1981

I haven't noticed any remarkable change in ridership on 874, 875, or 877. But, I think they also tacked and extra car onto to 876/877's set.