Railroad Forums 

• US Transp. Sec. Foxx replaces 3 Board members

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1382399  by JDC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/tr ... story.html. "The three new board members, who will take office June 1, are Carol Carmody, former vice chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board; David Strickland, former administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration; and Robert Lauby, chief safety officer of the Federal Railroad Administration."
 #1382524  by MCL1981

John, I agree that all levels of WMATA from top to bottom have useless dead weight holding it down. However, you have to start somewhere. The systematic cultural change that's required must begin at the top and spread downward. The new GM is doing that already. But he needs the backing of a BoD that has a spine with a functioning brain attached to the end to back him up. This moves the BOD in that direction.
 #1382706  by Sand Box John

"MCL1981"
John, I agree that all levels of WMATA from top to bottom have useless dead weight holding it down. However, you have to start somewhere. The systematic cultural change that's required must begin at the top and spread downward. The new GM is doing that already. But he needs the backing of a BoD that has a spine with a functioning brain attached to the end to back him up. This moves the BOD in that direction.

When I say at every level I mean at every level not just within the Jackson Graham building but also within the operation and shop buildings at the bus depots and rail yards and all of the other facilities that supports WMATA's operations.
Last edited by Sand Box John on Sun May 01, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.