• Gray Lady Too Harsh?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

by Gilbert B Norman

Possibly with the Renaissance the New York Subway system has enjoyed in recent years, Gray Lady has decided to tee of on someone else's system.

Or maybe she is "spot on"; lest we forget, she is "not exactly" without a Washington Bureau. Otherwise "we report, you decide":

http://nytimes.com/2016/04/04/us/washin ... risis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by MCL1981

I haven't read it. But I have no doubt it is NOT too harsh. The system is a complete disaster. All levels of management lied and BS'd their way through the last 20 years. The Board of Director's either knew and did nothing, or were oblivious. The media ignored it and ate up all the BS they were fed by the Metro PR machine. Now all of a sudden there is a new GM that isn't buying the multi-level bullshit machine. The BoD can't pretend anymore. And now the cat's out of the bag with the media. They deserve every bashing they get, and then some.
  by ExCon90

I just read the article, and it's completely in accord with what's been appearing in this forum. The Times didn't have to use journalistic hyperbole for effect.
  by mtuandrew

Methinks the Gray Lady is too tender. Any time a transit system has to bring up extended closures, it's a problem. This would be analogous to Amtrak throwing up its hands and saying, "We're shutting down Chicago Union station entirely for half a year, sooooooo... good luck, folks.
  by Sand Box John

"Gilbert B Norman"
. . . Otherwise "we report, you decide".

In their mast head it actually reads "All the news that's fit to print". what it really means "All the news that are newspaper considers important".
  by ExCon90

I always liked the slogan on MAD magazine: "We print all the news that fits."
  by Backshophoss

This might finally force the "Housecleaning" needed in the "middle mangement" levels,
spot on article by the NY Times.