Railroad Forums 

• NEW Fredericksburg Train begins Nov. 30

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1358180  by davinp

VREE recently opened a new station, launched a new website and starting on the last day of the month, they are changing to a new schedule that adds a roundtrip train to the Fredericksburg Line! Because VRE was able to add a new train, it gave them the opportunity to revisit the Manassas Line schedule to make the schedule for mid-line stations more accurate and avoid conflict when the Fredericksburg and Manassas Line trains meet at Alexandria.

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts ... ns/1265fcd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1359030  by Arlington

Where did the time slot on CSX's Long Bridge come from? I would have said they had maxed out and didn't have any more rights (or would have had to take one back from Amtrak Virginia) if they weren't maxed before, are they maxed now?
 #1372401  by mmi16

New trains are in the same time window as existing VRE schedules - basically reduces the windows between trains.
 #1374468  by CentralValleyRail

Arlington wrote:Where did the time slot on CSX's Long Bridge come from? I would have said they had maxed out and didn't have any more rights (or would have had to take one back from Amtrak Virginia) if they weren't maxed before, are they maxed now?
Good question, I'm curious to that answer.