Railroad Forums 

• Private rail cars at Union

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1346671  by MCL1981

What are the private and antique rail cars parked at Union for? There is the old set on track 8 that doesn't seem to do anything by collect dust. And there are several on the other tracks that appear to be configured as office or party cars. I rarely see anything going on with them. Who owns these things and what are they for? Do they ever leave?
 #1358376  by STrRedWolf

Years back Amtrak did National Train Day in May. This year they're doing Amtrak Days. This includes tours of both custom build trains, Amtrak travel trains, and VRE/MARC equipment. I went last year and they rerouted the MARC weekend trains to the VRE tracks as four tracks were in use (8, 9, 10, 11).

I grabbed some video and it up here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGB4ZMQhy2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Cannonball set seems to be permanently stationed there. The Dearing set visits, but at any other time track 8 is used by MARC.