Railroad Forums 

• New decals on cab exterior

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1334775  by tommyboy6181

I was watching a video clip of some trains at PG Plaza and noticed that several cars now have a red/white rectangular decal over the headlight/taillight on the right side of the cab on the exterior. Has anyone noticed this and any idea on what it is?

This is the clip that I saw it on. There's a good view on the 5k car at 7:34 and an even better view on the 6k at 9:27.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPbWlvpcC6M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1334777  by YOLO

That's a sticker indicating the emergency exit doors. Actions taken after January smoke incident.
 #1335438  by Sand Box John

Seems to me WMATA could eliminate the access issue through the bulkhead doors by fire and rescue by reconfiguring the locks to be openable from the outside but not from the inside during revenue operation.
 #1336252  by DiscoveryAnalysis

Sand Box John wrote:Seems to me WMATA could eliminate the access issue through the bulkhead doors by fire and rescue by reconfiguring the locks to be openable from the outside but not from the inside during revenue operation.

As far as I know the bulkhead doors can be unlocked currently from the exterior w/ a barrel XX key. Just have to unlock the upper & lower handles as well.
 #1336286  by Sand Box John

"DiscoveryAnalysis"

As far as I know the bulkhead doors can be unlocked currently from the exterior w/ a barrel XX key. Just have to unlock the upper & lower handles as well.

Fire and rescue doesn't carry the barrel keys needed to unlock the bulkhead doors.

What I am proposing is reconfiguring the locks so keys are not needed to open them from the outside.