Railroad Forums 

• weekend service

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#104925  by blockss

Why have both MARC and VRE both had a lack of weekend service. Is there anything in the works for the years to come?

#106004  by Phil Hom

There's no market for weekend service, maybe except to the O's game in Baltimore.
 #109110  by Myke Romeo Angel

it would be fun to have weekend service. My nephew loves the trains, however i cannot take him during the weekdays because of him having school when i visit. I love going to visit Union Station & watching the trains.

i think they should @ least have some service on the weekends on the Penn Line from @ least Baltimore's Penn Station to DC.

Maybe if they were to try & promote the service like offering free rides the first week or something that might possibly warrant people to want to ride the trains.

They could work in conjunction with businesses in DC offering discounts if the people showed their MARC train passes or something like that. It would be worth a try.

Like the commerical "If you build it they will come." :-D

Just a thought... :wink: