• Silver Line Dulles WMATA Metrorail progress/pictures

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

• 1713 posts
  by Sand Box John

mackievlzpro
All 3 were 7Ks, one 8 car train, and two 4 car trains. Progress!

Interesting. Startup testing was done in the past with a combination of 1 and 2k cars to establish a baseline to compare against previous startup testing.
  by mackievlzpro

Sand Box John wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:02 am mackievlzpro
All 3 were 7Ks, one 8 car train, and two 4 car trains. Progress!

Interesting. Startup testing was done in the past with a combination of 1 and 2k cars to establish a baseline to compare against previous startup testing.
That could have be the case here too. I used to take the Greenway daily but not anymore, so its possible I missed some earlier testing.
  by Sand Box John

mackievlzpro
That could have be the case here too. I used to take the Greenway daily but not anymore, so its possible I missed some earlier testing.

When I say compare against previous startup testing I mean startup testing on previous new segments going back to the 1980s. The performance profile of the 7k cars is different then the older rolling stock.