Railroad Forums 

• Tuscan Red G5s anyone? Blaspheme?

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#21785  by Paul

Idle hands are the devil's work shop! :D After spending five days suspended from the U.P., I have decided that I had way too much free time on my hands. Now for those who have doubts, Parent Pennsy did paint some K4s in Tuscan Red. I have seen models with Tuscan and it actually works for me. No, I know that the fonts for the numbers and lettering arent correct but even Photoshop has it's limitations and of course, who really cares? Am I thinking about painting my live steam LIRR G5 in Tuscan? You betcha! Just like I am doing the "odd ball" bolt pattern on the smokebox front, and running a tender built for the I-1s Decapod. Dare to be differant? Yuppers. Please excuse the poor rendition of the running gear and lack of detail in the drivers but the drawings I have are don't show that. If someone can send me a high resolution scan of that neat bumper sticker that has 39 on it, send it. Hope it works.

#22069  by Dave Keller

Paul:

Now you need to remove the "Long Island" lettering from the tender and add the "Sunrise Special" keystone logo from the late 1920s, early 1930s!

#21 was used on that train regularly!

Dave