Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#16856  by Richard Glueck

Is any company producing LIRR decals for H-O gauge that are reminiscent of the grey/orange Dashing Dan era? I haven't been able to locate any. Champion's remaining decals are for the Tuscan Keystone era, which is great, and some others that are really not LIRR specific.

Question: Suppose a group of us needed or wanted LIRR decals enough to approach a professional supplier to produce them, who would be ordering sets, and in multiple copies? Maybe there is a enough support here to warrant such a production.

#16901  by thrdkilr

Image Replicas and Funaro & Camerlengo have these, I don't know if you can get them seperate, or if they'll tell you where they get them, worth a shot? Let me know how you make out, that my era too...

#16902  by JoeLIRR

i wanted bachmann to reproduce their "keystone" set in LIRR road name make a new loco (G5 #21) n name the set "sunrise speical"

they told me that it can happen if i can find enough people or business to be willing to buy the necicary quanity. n i cant aford that on my own...
but if there is enough of us and a business willing to buy the required amount, i think bachamnn may be able to do it for us
 #16905  by LIRR272

Try Sunrise Trails @ 516 752-0636 or Trains 'N Hobbies @ 516 764-6676.

#17000  by scopelliti

Probably should be a separate topic, but... has anyone used inkjet decal paper? Would seem you could produce a ton of decals, given a decent original image.