Railroad Forums 

• MS Train Simulator: LIRR Port Jeff & Mainline route

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#214605  by Lirr168

Paul wrote:In refferance to the locked thread; Just tell me what you need for images and I will take them. I have full access to any part of this machine as I am the person responsable for putting her back into running fassion. It will be a while before I am ready to actually start the prime mover and a little after that to do the load test. Carbody views and cab pictures I can do real soon.
Many thanks Paul. If you could get pictures looking of out the side windows from the engineer's perspective, that would be great. And although I know this might be a bit much, I will take your advice and ask: any chance you could get a recording of the horn? I did find a better one than what I had, but it is still not the real thing according to my expert.

My Tichy H16-44 will be on my website in a few minutes; you can now access my website by clicking the little WWW icon below my post. This is pretty much the final version, with most every detail accounted for, even adjusting the HP value so it actually runs at 1600hp; the reason a lot of you had trouble is that the original .eng file was set to 1200hp.

#214638  by Paul

I am not sure what horn (if any) is on the locomotive. If you tell me what type LIRR used on the F-M, I will gladly look to see if we have one in the storage room and I can rig it up to record. Thats easy.

#214651  by Dave Keller

On the secondary MSTS thread, someone requested a broadside view of an H16-44 so the windows could be represented correctly.

I have broadside views, unfortunately no scanner.

This is the closest thing I have scanned and posted that really shows the proper style of windows, as the view is from the cab forward:

And here's the best I have at hand, showing the proper lettering along the side:

Dave

#214657  by Nova55

Kyle, that horns a Nathan/Airchme M3

#214658  by Lirr168

Dave: that top pic will do nicely, I think I can crop and rezise the rounded portion of the window. Thank you for sharing it.

Paul: thanks for the info on the horn; hopefully someone can acquire a sound clip of one that I can use.

EDIT: The Tichy H16-44 on my website has been updated to include the correct rounded windows. Sorry if you already downloaded it with the square windows.

#214670  by Paul

Kyle: concerning your H-16-44...
The control stand is in the wrong placement and of the wrong type. Also, the air brake that you have in your picture is wrong...yours has the 26L air brake and I believe it should be the number 6 or 24RL type. The control stand should be in almost the same position as the C-420, off to the side. Now the cab interior of our F-M has air conditioning so you will need to remove that as well. you may think about holding off on the release of it till we I can get files to you.

#214688  by Lirr168

Thanks again, Paul. Never having been around an H16-44, I was relying on the those who have been to help me out. Dick told me my setup was perfect, so I assumed it to be just that. Those documents are a huge help, I will see what I can do about getting a more accurate cab design. On the plus side, the cab I already made will be a nice starting point for a LHF NY&A GP10

#214756  by Richard_Glueck

Your cab set up is closer to the H16-44 than any of the pre-fab cabs out there at present. Don't apologize.
Great diagrams, Pablo!
One has to remember that htese young'uns are expecting an electronic cab, with circuits and chips to do everything. We old farts are thinking about the days when the locomotive was driven by the hogger, and experience and skill took the place of circuits and short-cuts!

El Dicko

#215474  by Indiana_Doc

Can someone post a pic of the inside cab view from a MP15AC. Also can a picture of Mineola and Queens interlocking be posted?

Thanks

Indiana

#215606  by alcoc420

Here is a pic of Queens interlocking, looking west. Stop signal on track 3 is because of a westbound just out of sight. A pic of Mineola to follow shortly. I recently rebuilt Jamaica completely, including replacing concrete pilings under the Montauk Division with lattice columns and beams, the large gas tank southeast of Hall, more accurate track and curve layout, etc. I also nearly finished rebuilding Hicksville, getting rid of the two curves on the south track, and making the switches more accurate.
Image`

#215609  by Lirr168

alcoc420,

Have you done anything about making the height of the platforms match the doors of the coaches? If you have not changed anything out yet, I can send a modified .s file that raises the height of the existing platforms to perfectly match the doors. I figure so long as you're correcting other things, might as well get that little item checked off as well.

#215622  by alcoc420

Here is a screen shot of Mineola. Note the MP15AC in the background coming off the Oyster Bay Branch.

Lirr168 I haven't noticed the platform height problem, but I would appreciate the correct .s files. I have noticed that some of the platforms are more than a foot from the trains. "Watch the gap!" Thanks!

#216413  by Lirr168

I was looking through some very old threads last night and stumbled upon 7285's MP15ac's in Goodfellow, so I figured why not give the same treatment to the Geep's:

#216417  by Long island Joe

Very Very Nice keep up the Good Work LIRR 168

#216469  by Jumpshot724

Where did you get the equipment? That's a really detailed interior and nice models. Where can you find em cause I def want em lol. I'm tired of driving the LIRR with a Class 50!!!! :-D