Railroad Forums 

• MS Train Simulator: LIRR Port Jeff & Mainline route

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#227173  by Richard_Glueck

I have to disagree with Otto to a certain extent. The RS1 looks great, with the possible exception that the cab roof should be black and the grey a lighter shade. It's difficult to get the LIRR map exactly right, and thus far, I'd say it's better than previous attmpt. The sound is better too, but I think it's a wee bit lean on pulling power. That all said, it's far better than I can do, so my compliments to Kyle, Joe and Dave for everything they've done to bring back the old road.

Some Tichy passenger and MU cars would be anice additions when time rolls around. Apart from that, the transition era of FM's and early ALCOs has been covered beautifully by you guys. And a special note of thanks to Joe Vila and Dave for the splendid recereated LIRR routes. You guys have every reason to be proud of your efforts. Thank you!

#227274  by LIRRMEDFORD

Ok i am new here. I just like everyone else in the world have been looking for a LIRR route to drive and to find that there is a realese starting from ronkonkama is blowing my mind. So i just want to know how I could get the route do I have to contact Long Island 7285? Oh and are they doing this in the MNRR section?

#227314  by Long Island 7285

MNRR section meaning exatly what? The copy I send out contains the route as per (ALCOC420) last release. the route has changed quite a bit since then but is still being devloped. I have corrected all station stops and some other things done.

I'm makeing a new copy on CD containing the route only with one activity useing only default equipment for means of easy operation. I been getting problems when sending it compacted with the activities based on LIRR in the 60s. I do plan on sending the activities on a seperate disc.

For thoes interested PM me

#227415  by Kahlua

Just wondering if the Approach signal at Queens has been fixed.... and If it still is dropping people back to windows at NHP?

#227432  by Long Island 7285

I beleive I repaired that signal at queens i have to check,

The prblem is that any and every train going through that signal is given a 30 code which is clearly not the real deal, you get a 30 code to the first signal east of queens ans then you get a 30 code w/ the signal on the overpass at mineola, I added the other signnal there that was missing. and it over rides the 30 code if your going fast enough or if you have to make a costomer stop.

#229215  by LIRRMEDFORD

lol by MNRR i mean the Metro North RailRoad if they had MSTS simulator routes as well

#229225  by Long Island 7285

at this time thre is no MNRR route/NYC/NH route that would fit MN operations.
There is always MSTS talk of makeing a "MEGA" route along the NEC to boston and including LIRR n NYC in it. but one would need a super computer to process such a route.

#234601  by Lirr168

Hi all,

Just thought I would let you know that I have updated my website so that all the downloads work and contain all the necessary files. I also added a new M1, new F7A, and, for the first time ever, a caboose. Enjoy, don't hesitate to contact me with any problems or questions.

-Kyle
 #245821  by EB12

Finally an LIRR route. I skimmed through the thread and I could not find out exactly where this route goes. Is it the entire Port-Jefferson branch? Is it being distributed yet? I am dying for a copy. Great work, finally some MSTS for us New Yorkers.
 #247104  by Kahlua

EB12 wrote:Finally an LIRR route. I skimmed through the thread and I could not find out exactly where this route goes. Is it the entire Port-Jefferson branch? Is it being distributed yet? I am dying for a copy. Great work, finally some MSTS for us New Yorkers.
Its Jamaica to Pt Jeff, KO, Hempstead and the GCS. Still beta testin....