Railroad Forums 

• MS Train Simulator: LIRR Port Jeff & Mainline route

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#216470  by Lirr168

Jumpshot724 wrote:Where did you get the equipment? That's a really detailed interior and nice models. Where can you find em cause I def want em lol. I'm tired of driving the LIRR with a Class 50!!!! :-D
Click on the 'WWW' link below any one of my posts. It is a link to my website, where almost all of the models you see here are located, though the Goodfellow Geep is not there yet, I still have the MTA Navy/Yellow up. Feel free to contact me if you have any issues with them.

#216477  by emfinite

Kyle,

Gaetan Belanger, the creator of the C420 L-2s wouldn't be happy if he saw that you have his model available for download. That's a model that he sells on his website for profit. I'm not telling you what to do, but if it was my model, I would be upset that it's offered on another site. Just a suggestion for you to take it down.

Joe

#216483  by Lirr168

emfinite wrote:Kyle,

Gaetan Belanger, the creator of the C420 L-2s wouldn't be happy if he saw that you have his model available for download. That's a model that he sells on his website for profit. I'm not telling you what to do, but if it was my model, I would be upset that it's offered on another site. Just a suggestion for you to take it down.

Joe
Joe,

I appreciate the concern, part of the reason I had not been offering it before was because GB had been selling that particular model. However, the C420 model is no longer one of the 'members only' models that he sells, which is how I was able to obtain it - variations of his C420 model are available on other websites for download with the stipulation that they will not be redistributed in any form for profit, which I am not doing. I have only shared my site with the members of this forum, and I trust no one here is using the downloads for profit.

Since we're on the subject, the only potential conflict I have as far as copyrights and whatnot goes is with the M1, simply because ACR is no longer in operation and has not responded to any inquiries about redistribution. Should a problem arise, I will not hesitate to remove anything.

-Kyle

#216726  by Long Island 7285

Emfnite Thats the same reason why we cannot edit the .s file you sent me. and why no program can open a .s file in 3d format to be edited.

168, after reversing a locomotive, how do i go about re positioning the lights, and smoke. i was messing in the.eng file but i cannot seem to get the smoke and the headlights to be where they belong in the reversed position.

I reversed a MP15 to be ran Glass out for switching and protect service.

#216747  by Lirr168

Long Island 7285 wrote:Emfnite Thats the same reason why we cannot edit the .s file you sent me. and why no program can open a .s file in 3d format to be edited.

168, after reversing a locomotive, how do i go about re positioning the lights, and smoke. i was messing in the.eng file but i cannot seem to get the smoke and the headlights to be where they belong in the reversed position.

I reversed a MP15 to be ran Glass out for switching and protect service.
JV,

I have no idea how to reposition the smoke, what I did was change the values around so that no smoke appears rather than the wrong smoke. For the lights, you simply have to mess with the code, which I am not very good at, which is the only thing that kept me from reversing the MP15. The only one besides the FM can be reversed and still have somewhat correct lights isthe GP38, which I would like to do, I just need someone can help me out with the cab layout so I can make a LHF view.

-Kyle

#216761  by Long Island 7285

i will work on the cab, caus i already fliped the 252 in the RWB color wave

#216845  by Long Island 7285

Alright all of who have been waiting, i just got the deleivery of CDR's today so i will be burning them tonite and shipping tommro at the eairliest.

this version includes:
Main Line: Jamaica - KO 14:00hrs
East Williston-Jamaica: 08:00
Jamaica- East Willston: also 8Am job and has a restricted speed at nassau due to track alighnment problems. and the crossing at nassau.
KO-Jamaica AM job.
PJ-Jamaica Late Afternoon Job.
Hillside- KPSH Pt one
KPSH- Hillside Pt Two

none of the activities are following REAL life schedules and are utilizing fixtional traffic patterns for the sake of PC gameing.

any more adressess please send them to my '
PM
I will up date you all when the copies are sent out.

#216957  by Lirr168

RS1 Tichy; I know it does not look like much, but this was quite a pain in the a$$ to do, on some levels even harder than the C420s. As usual, it will be available on my site. It includes a repainted cab and reworked sound, with a horn which is the closest I have found to an actual LIRR one.

#226473  by Kahlua

This thread kinda died... Any new news about the route?

#226514  by Lirr168

I have no route updates, but I do have a sort of FYI for all the train-simmers on forum: be careful what you download, becuase one little file can ruin everything! I downloaded an RS2 in hopes of making the Shelter Island Express consist (I think Dick Glueck might have mentioned it on this thread a while back), but whomever made this original overwrote the alpha code by hand and corrupted the file. When I went to export the file back out after repainting it, it corrupted TGATool2 which corrupted makeacewin which corrupted one of the *.dll files in the MSTS folder which initiated a massive implosion of my MSTS directory when I attempted to start-up which finally turned all the files to skeletons of their former selves. In other words, all my MSTS files go bye-bye.

#226780  by alcoc420

In Jan and Feb I rebuilt Jamaica and Hicksville tracks, signals, platforms, scenery, etc. Then I spent a day a week for 3 weeks retexturing scenery objects to look more like LI. Also, I was adjusting scenery, animating crossing lights, adding fences, etc when yesterday I noticed everything on the tile between Greenlawn and Elwood Road was missing. Bummer. So I lost all the changes after Jamaica and Hicksville, except the new textures. I had gotten sloppy in backing up. I tossed version 76, loaded 75, and took new textures from 76 and put them in 75.

#226846  by Long Island 7285

so that's 7.5.6 or 7.5&1/2?

it's sounding good, I been sending out many copies lately. don't forget the car spawns :-D

#227028  by Habadacus

How does a new member of this forum, and MSTS fan get his hands on a copy of the work so far? I uninstalled MSTS to make room for Trainz2006 which I find to be a little more fun to toodle around in, but I'd be happy to reinstall to (virtually) revisit the railroad of my youth!

#227101  by Otto Vondrak

Nice work on the RS-1, but you're way off on your Tichy paint markings. Are you using actual photos as a guide to matching the lettering and paint? The large numerals on the forward vent are off, and the lower-case "Long Island" lettering on the flank is wrong. If you're going to put so much work into these models, you should also concentrate on getting the appearance as accurate as possible. I don't want to knock anyone's hard work, but I noticed the lettering was off on all the MSTS models I've seen so far...

-otto-

#227126  by Lirr168

Otto Vondrak wrote:Nice work on the RS-1, but you're way off on your Tichy paint markings. Are you using actual photos as a guide to matching the lettering and paint? The large numerals on the forward vent are off, and the lower-case "Long Island" lettering on the flank is wrong. If you're going to put so much work into these models, you should also concentrate on getting the appearance as accurate as possible. I don't want to knock anyone's hard work, but I noticed the lettering was off on all the MSTS models I've seen so far...

-otto-
I am limited by the constraints of the texture mapping. The reason that you have not seen these paint schemes on site like train-sim.com is because most people don't want to take the time tinkering with the files for exactly the reason you stated: the lettering is always off. I figure that it is better to get close and be a little bit off than to have nothing at all. That is not to say, however, that I do not try to get it right everytime.

In this case, I spent an hour trying to get the lettering on the flank correct in this case, but no matter where I moved it on the *.ace file, it kept appearing in that spot or not at all. The numerals on the front vent were also placed as per a picture, but attempting to place them in the upper left quadrant of the grill resulted in the alpha on the grill not forming correctly, resulting in the grill appearing as a solid grey mass without the correct grill cut-outs.