Railroad Forums 

• Error #404: MTA.logo.exe is not found

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1534688  by Pensyfan19

Does anyone know why when a certain engine is repainted, they don't have the MTA logo on the front? Nowadays they start off with a blank front followed by the "we serve with pride" and then the engine number being added on, but no large MTA logo on the front. Such examples include 505, 522, 405, and 404.
I think 408 had the same problem of being without the front MTA logo for sometime about 10 years ago until it was put back on the front.
 #1534695  by Pensyfan19

DutchRailnut wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:29 pm the box of stickers was empty.
How mich would it cost to order 5 more? (4 for the 4 engines I mentioned and one extra for the next repaint, which should be for 403)
 #1534702  by DutchRailnut

has to go for bid , has to get awarded contract , specs need to be verified , purchase order to be generated.
meanwhile a few engines where just buffs will notice and get upset , go figure...
 #1534713  by Backshophoss

LIRR(MTA) just nods and winks on RR's history,so don't expect any more Dashing Dan decals/stickers.
The M logo is shared by the entire in service fleet,might be buried on a shelf at Hillside shop.
Could go to Kawasaki in Yonkers to borrow some :wink: :wink:
 #1534754  by RGlueck

80 million clams is a lot of money. Now I don't doubt the bureaucracy has that kind of cash and spends it stupidly, but perhaps 8 million?
Somebody needs to get a letter into the listening ear of someone at the MTA who will entertain heritage decals for some locomotives, or whatever those DM things are. It's not impossible by any means. It merely has to strike a chord with somebody who has "vision".
 #1534760  by Pensyfan19

RGlueck wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:29 pm It merely has to strike a chord with somebody who has "vision".
And that person is me! I wrote a letter to the railroad a while ago to make full on LIRR heritage units, and to ask about a few other things. No word on some of them yet.
 #1534765  by DutchRailnut

you won't see it , State has ordered to get full uniformity on livery for all MTA equipment. NY state colors only.
 #1534791  by Backshophoss

MTAis somewhat strangled by state politics(ie Cuomo)outside chance of a polite answer that any heritage scheme is not possible and
might be too expensive to do.
Can Figure that Jason went thru hoops to do any Mta scheme on his bus model (MABSOTA)or the Comet cars MN/CONNDOT schemes.
For a FEE
 #1534800  by BuddR32

DutchRailnut wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:57 pm you won't see it , State has ordered to get full uniformity on livery for all MTA equipment. NY state colors only.
Plus one for what Dutch said. Think the M9 color scheme was changed several times and ultimately dictated by the Governor to have the NYS colors. Same for the new subway cars, state police cars, etc. How much was the change order for the tunnel tile colors in the Queens Midtown Tunnel?

If it dont fit the empire scheme, forget it.
 #1534866  by Pensyfan19

ConstanceR46 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:59 am if you think the LIRR will ever, ever do heritage units, i have a bridge to sell you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxHb1uF4GBk

I am the true and only owner of this solid and very well existing bridge now! :wink: