Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1489226  by newkirk

Location is Flatbush Ave ?
 #1489301  by krispy

It could be, but I don't recognize where in the station that would be. I'm inclined to say somewhere else. The old ENY station on the Bay Ridge came to mind, although I don't that that equipment would've run down there. You got some collection, thanks for posting!
 #1489333  by newkirk

Thanks Krispy. A new edition to my collection from ebay.
I believe it's Flatbush Ave, though Penn station came to mind, but no catenary wire. So that rules that out.
Also a long shot I thought would be Essex St on the BRT Centre St subway.
The MP-41's did run there on joint LIRR / BRT service to Chamber St.
I've never seen a photo of MP-41's on that subway, although I'm sure photos were taken. They photographed everything in those days.
I thought this would be that one ! Oh well.
 #1489372  by Nasadowsk

newkirk wrote:Thanks Krispy. A new edition to my collection from ebay.
I believe it's Flatbush Ave, though Penn station came to mind, but no catenary wire. So that rules that out.
Also a long shot I thought would be Essex St on the BRT Centre St subway.
The MP-41's did run there on joint LIRR / BRT service to Chamber St.
I've never seen a photo of MP-41's on that subway, although I'm sure photos were taken. They photographed everything in those days.
I thought this would be that one ! Oh well.
Penn didn't get catenary until the 30's or so, at which point the MP-41s were on their way out. Although, I also don't think the track level was covered up until then, either...
 #1489387  by fender52

I'd like to say the old Track 5 (now track 2) at FBA. That one looks about right for being so straight in the photo. The columns and roof supports are what I remember when I was there in the 70's and 80's.