Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1489449  by MACTRAXX

nyandw wrote:
MACTRAXX wrote:Steve:
This picture - judging by the distance that the Carle Place water tower is - looks to be from just
east of Westbury Station. From Ellison Avenue to the Carle Place Station is just half a mile - the
water tower would appear to be larger in the background instead of how it appears in this photo.
MACTRAXX
Yes, the problem I'm having is the lack of a track south of track #2. Are we past MP22 and just west of Grand Blvd? Thus, east of Westbury about 1.5 miles form Carlle Place. This would seem reasonable, yes? Thanks.
Steve:
Carle Place and Westbury are exactly one mile apart: 20.4 to 21.4 to be exact. I think that this
picture is from just E of the east end of the Westbury low level platform. MACTRAXX
 #1489652  by nyandw

MACTRAXX wrote:
nyandw wrote:
MACTRAXX wrote:Steve:
This picture - judging by the distance that the Carle Place water tower is - looks to be from just
east of Westbury Station. From Ellison Avenue to the Carle Place Station is just half a mile - the
water tower would appear to be larger in the background instead of how it appears in this photo.
MACTRAXX

Steve:
Carle Place and Westbury are exactly one mile apart: 20.4 to 21.4 to be exact. I think that this
picture is from just E of the east end of the Westbury low level platform. MACTRAXX
Thank you. :-)