Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1487223  by LRail

From one of the pics, it looks like they have constructed a new ticket office area. Are they considering staffing a ticket counter?
 #1487290  by milepost39

More likely it is a concession area once they fine a vendor. Deer Park had one off to the right side of the west end of the station. (Next to what was the ticket office I believe.) You could always tell those who were going to NYC and never rode the LIRR, as they would go up to the girl and ask for a ticket to Penn Station. :-)
 #1487336  by FrankAndCindy

HELLO EVERYONE, I stopped at the new WYANDANCH station a few days ago. The station is nothing short of BEAUTIFUL. It is a place to be proud of. I hope they take good care of it. Go LIRR. Thanks Frank and Cindy
 #1487489  by MACTRAXX

Everyone: From the Wyandanch Station interior photographs there certainly looks like a possible
ticket office visible taking note to the rolldown door that ticket offices have. The Wyandanch ticket
office was closed and replaced with TVMs back during the 1986-87 electrification project.
If a ticket office is re-established at Wyandanch this may well be a first for the LiRR in which
a long-closed ticket office actually gets reopened...MACTRAXX
 #1487607  by ExCon90

Good point. The same is true of coach interiors; it's hard to find interior shots from the 30's and 40's. Lack of ambient lighting would be part of the cause, but with digital cameras today there they're easy enough to shoot.