Railroad Forums 

• My LIRR Website Update June 2018

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1478267  by nyandw

http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/lirrwebsiteupdate.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
New:
Entire LIRR 1834 Charter - Compliments of NRHA - LIST
LIRR Engineer – Howie Waelder Anecdotes
Native American Location Names Babylon to Patchogue - Take the ride along the Montauk Branch - Western Suffolk
Montauk Branch - Wilhelm Track Maps - Historical in their value
Cauliflower Action on the LIRR - A major cash freight crop for the LIRR
Grade Crossing Crash Posts (delineators) - Will they work?
Art Huneke Q&A Interview: LIRR Career - Learn a bit more about Art's Career
ERA Bulletin: 2018 Main Line Double Track Project by Jeff Erlitz

and a goodly amount of UPDATED material. Best wishes to all for a safe July 4th Celebration. :-)
 #1478289  by MACTRAXX

Steve:

Thanks again for your monthly LIRR History website update.

One small problem: The Long Island Sunrise Trail Chapter of the NRHS abbreviation should be
LIST-NRHS and not the other way around. NRHA stands for "National Rural Health Association"
or the "National Reining Horse Association". I once received some information that was sent to
the "NHRA" - that stands for "National Hot Rod Association" about rail ephemera that someone
was seeking to donate to the now-closed NRHS National Library (since March 2008) and found
that an honest identification mistake can be a potential problem especially if any of the donated
for preservation or for further use material gets sent to the wrong organization.

I decided to reply promptly and make sure that LIST-NRHS gets the proper credit where it is due.

Wishing you and everyone a happy 4th of July Holiday :-)
MACTRAXX
 #1478401  by nyandw

MACTRAXX wrote:Steve: Thanks again for your monthly LIRR History website update. One small problem: The Long Island Sunrise Trail Chapter of the NRHS abbreviation should be
LIST-NRHS and not the other way around. I decided to reply promptly and make sure that LIST-NRHS gets the proper credit where it is due. Everyone a happy 4th of July Holiday :-)
MACTRAXX
Thanks, Mike. Fixed the typo and corrected LIST-NRHS. http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/lirrcontents.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Best to all for the 4th of July.