Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1472873  by RGlueck

So is the WM FA2 still in existence, of has it gone to junk?
 #1472915  by DogBert

Last I saw it's loaded on a flat ready to meet it's maker in Ohio.
 #1472966  by DogBert

Bad Luck wrote:It left today.
Another one bites the dust. Without a cab it wasn't much to look at/be worth saving.

Currently there is an intact ex LIRR FA on what was the NYGL in passaic NJ. A real estate development co now owns the property and that unit is at large risk of meeting the torch soon as well. Looking like a bad summer for ex LIRR f's.
 #1472967  by Teutobergerwald

I think that it's the 616 on the NY&GL.
 #1472982  by ConstanceR46

I wish a museum could swoop in and save the day, but alas, it may be prohibitive.
 #1473092  by alcoAL

Last night someone posted photos on Facebook of 3100 and those other scrap cars going over the Hellgate Bridge. He just happened to be on the Tri Borough at the same time.
 #1473138  by MADDOG

ConstanceR46 wrote:I wish a museum could swoop in and save the day, but alas, it may be prohibitive.
If money and manpower were no object, it would have been done, however everyone wants these things saved, yet, not enough railfans are financially supporting their museums. If they did, money wouldn't be an object
MADDOG
 #1473343  by newkirk

Say goodbye to #3100

http://www.subchat.com/read.asp?Id=1475856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1473344  by mwichten

Any word on why it came back with one of the M3s? Did it go right back out again?
 #1473378  by DogBert

Maybe CSX or MN didn't like something about how those two were loaded, or there was something about the flats that wasn't up to snuff.

The others left town as seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGoVaaCohmY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1473396  by GojiMet86

ConstanceR46 wrote:subchat is hell.

regardless 3100 really does not want to go.
I tried posting my Flickr photos using BBCode here, but for some reason I received a message from the Forums that said it couldn't make out the size of the photos.
 #1473966  by RGlueck

I am really surprised to see 3100's frame and trucks being overlooked by some museum or restoration group.
I have always thought the butchering of WM 304 for such an ugly power vehicle was stupid to begin with.
 #1474000  by Ðauntless

All the museums and local FA restoration groups were made very well aware and passed, due to the fact that it was so far gone.