Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1451728  by ConstanceR46

There's several MP15s that were killed off one way or another, my main bet is the two that died before they got a chance to be repainted. Hopefully not 3100. Also, re;maintaining, who says these things will need to run?
 #1451731  by Backshophoss

The 3100 lost it's cab when turned into a HEP car for the C-1's,not worth saving,it was a butchered job.
You still need to maintain the outside shell,need to spend $$$ and time to do a proper paint job.
LIRR no long has a paint booth,any repaints were "quick and dirty" brush and roller paint jobs with little or NO surface prep. :( :( :P
 #1451745  by DogBert

My brain still has 101 & 105 as a married pair doing harold protect in the 90s. :)

If 101s staying with ny&a a long while, I assume no more pr20Bs. Good. keep them dirty old diesels employed :)
 #1451819  by DogBert

AlKaLI wrote:Dogbert:

101 is still around. Gregory Rice caught it Brooklyn and in Bushwick fairly recently.
http://www.railpictures.net/photo/627381/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shame about the other SW1001s.

Regards, AlKaLI
Looks like the bay ridge - maybe that's it's new haunt. I come across the bush or LIC job fairly frequently and haven't seen it on either this last year.
 #1451836  by gregorygrice

DogBert wrote:
AlKaLI wrote:Dogbert:

101 is still around. Gregory Rice caught it Brooklyn and in Bushwick fairly recently.
http://www.railpictures.net/photo/627381/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shame about the other SW1001s.

Regards, AlKaLI
Looks like the bay ridge - maybe that's it's new haunt. I come across the bush or LIC job fairly frequently and haven't seen it on either this last year.
101 is used on all 3 branches. Just depends on what what it's coupled to and what job lands that power.
 #1452102  by newkirk

Thanks to all who posted on this topic.

Last Sunday, my train passed the LILCO siding and with the gondolas gone, a few bogies were still there.

Are the last of the bogies gone ?