Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#1005237  by Chicagopcclcars

At live concerts we have "Mic Check! Mic Check!" Well here's a calendar check for you.....mark your calendars for the 2012 Illinois Railway Museum Annual Snowflake Charter. The date is Sunday, March 25 and it'll start from Harlem/Lake on the Green line using regular 2400s. I can't divulge too many details but suffice to say that we will go to "East 63rd ST" and we will see the new Oakton ST station on the Yellow line. Hmmm.....how do you take a six car train out onto the Yellow line????? Last year's cost was $42 and a definite effort will be made to keep the cost the same. It is predicted you'll get to see a hundred Bombardier AC5000s laid up in Skokie Yard, LOL. There's not gonna be an easy FIX of their problem. Thanks "MIC"....(Made In China).

Colors...you want colors.....OK Green, Pink, Blue, Pink, Green, Brown, Purple, just a hint of Red, Yellow, Purple, Pink, Green. Oh yes, and a new location for the head to head "race."

David Harrison
 #1005378  by lstone19

Chicagopcclcars wrote:... I can't divulge too many details but suffice to say that we will go to "East 63rd ST"
I guess that means I have to go since I asked for that in that past.
 #1006170  by lstone19

My son pointed out that Harlem/Lake does not have a Park 'n' Ride lot. It seems like that will be a difficult station for many to get to. Or is there adequate non-CTA parking around there?
 #1006184  by Chicagopcclcars

True, Harlem/Lake does not have a CTA park n ride lot but it does have a Village of Oak Park lot, just south of the "L" and in prior years was free on Sundays. I'll be making a reconn mission to make sure that this is still true, plus I'll reconn the metered parking on the north side of the tracks. All will be advised NOT to use the business lots along Harlem...they tow!!!

David