Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#845372  by AMTKHawkeye

Metra switcher no. 7 this afternoon picked up engine 124 from the BNSF coach yard and took it toward the Western Ave. yard. From this I presume it will be the next unit to be sent to Progress Rail.
 #847667  by metraRI

117 arrived at Schiller Park on Saturday, after making a long detour and ending up in Fond du Lac, WI. Since the snafu with 105 a few weeks back, I have not seen a -3 on SWS nor have I seen pictures of either rebuild running solo on BNSF. Will be interesting to see what they do with 117.
 #847777  by doepack

metraRI wrote:117 arrived at Schiller Park on Saturday, after making a long detour and ending up in Fond du Lac, WI.
Weird. I wonder if actually went north first on a CN manifest via Leithon (where the ex-EJ&E meets the Waukesha sub) before being doubled back south again. Couldn't they have just dropped it off in the yard at Antioch?
 #855650  by AMTKHawkeye

Metra sent a switcher from Western Avenue yesterday (Tues. 9/28) to the BNSF Coach Yard to pick up and take away engine no. 125, so I would suspect that it'll be the next to go to Kentucky.
 #857360  by Nehahra

114 is in paint.. should be heading to final assembly tomorrow. probably ship friday.

113 is die to have the cooling, and dinamic hatches installed tonight.. should be load testing later this week. should go to paint next week, and ship in two.

119, is in pieces.. but it got the main Gen installed today.
 #857382  by F40CFan

AMTKHawkeye wrote:Spotted 112 today in the BNSF coach yard, complete with ARRA logos.
It looks like every unit completed after 215/216 has the ARRA logo and those before do not.
 #857460  by metraRI

F40CFan wrote:It looks like every unit completed after 215/216 has the ARRA logo and those before do not.
Every unit after 111, numerically, will have the ARRA logo. The rebuilding of 112-149? is being paid for by stimulus money, while 100-111 was out of other funds. 105 was the last to be delivered without the logo.
 #857470  by F40CFan

Didn't know that, thanks.