Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and transit operators in California past and present including Los Angeles Metrolink and Metro Subway and Light Rail, San Diego Coaster, Sprinter and MTS Trolley, Altamont Commuter Express (Stockton), Caltrain and MUNI (San Francisco), Sacramento RTD Light Rail, and others...

Moderator: lensovet

#407939  by farmerjohn

Im really impressed!, ive rode it for the past 2 days to work and I have no complaints. Very impressive system you guys up here are spoiled.
Im waiting to go have a try on Caltrain. Where I work we got bart in the front of the building and mainlines for frieght, Amtrak CAL and Cal Train.
Im like a kid in a train store, I look out either window all I see are trains :-D

#411661  by modorney

Even better - BART will run more service in 2008.

Bart Service Increase

Late night and weekend trains will run every 15 minutes, now they run every 20 minutes.

More train service to SFO.

Trains from Richmond to downtown San Francisco will start earlier (than present 5:12 AM)

One more peak (turnback) train - that's in SRTP (Page 45 of 192).

#418145  by farmerjohn

modorney wrote:Even better - BART will run more service in 2008.

Bart Service Increase

Late night and weekend trains will run every 15 minutes, now they run every 20 minutes.

More train service to SFO.

Trains from Richmond to downtown San Francisco will start earlier (than present 5:12 AM)

One more peak (turnback) train - that's in SRTP (Page 45 of 192).
Sounds good to me. I live up the street from the BNSF mainline and Amtrak trains pull in and out all day. Then short freights all day and long ones all night. Cant seem to get any sleep anymore, at least where I was before, we just had BART and it didn't make hardly any noise. lol.