Railroad Forums 

• 567 *AND* 278

• Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.
Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#608336  by mxdata

The "they" I referred to is everyone who has the ability to edit or delete the postings of others. Seems odd at times that there is so much concern over whether discussion conforms to individual moderators views of what is "on" or "off" topic, while there seems to be much less concern when people are misusing the site for personal gain. This is particularly true in the diesel locomotive discussions where users are sometimes quite obviously phishing for information.

MX
 #608558  by Otto Vondrak

mxdata wrote:The "they" I referred to is everyone who has the ability to edit or delete the postings of others. Seems odd at times that there is so much concern over whether discussion conforms to individual moderators views of what is "on" or "off" topic, while there seems to be much less concern when people are misusing the site for personal gain. This is particularly true in the diesel locomotive discussions where users are sometimes quite obviously phishing for information.

MX
Once again, send me an email or PM with your questions and we'll work on it together. This is not the place to seek resolution (you're lucky I even read this thread at all... I don't normally visit this forum... how did you expect me to find out about your problem if you don't tell me about it directly?)

Now... what was this thread about?
 #609454  by GOLDEN-ARM

Somehow, it was about marine/loco engines. I'm in agreement, in regards to "whining" about how a topic is modded, then making allegations about "pirates" trolling the pages looking for booty to plunder. Send a PM to Otto, Mike or even myself, with some SPECIFIC posts that are people plundering for profit. Otherwise, please don't attempt "back-seat" moderation. I called this topic as being too marine oriented, but I also let it stand. Otto has offered a marine related venue, to keep the likes of Car Floater and Nova55 on cloud nine forever........ :P If you want to talk LV tugs, again I would mention that would seem like a topic for the LV forum, even as a split posting. Regards