Railroad Forums 

• A legal question

• Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.
Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#429381  by rfederle

Hello fellow EMD fans,

I have a question regarding legal aspects (somewhat).

I recently had an opportunity to help the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum with a copy of a drawing I have. I got it from Jack Wheelihan years ago and it has details of the lettering and stencilling of a Chessie System GP40-2.

I attempted several times to contact a Locomotive representative at EMD via e-mail (I am offshore and phone conversation is really not an option at the time, at least for this purpose). I wanted to get permission to make copies of the drawing, EMD #8480379, and have had no luck getting a reply of any kind.

On that drawing there were other Drawing numbers that I had also inquired about and no response.

Does anyone know of a contact, in this regard, that I could correspond with? Sure seems a door has been closed in the last few years. I cant recall one time I went with unanswered questions until recently.

I want to thank you in advance for any helpful guidance you can provide.

Thank you all very much.

Robert Federle

#429524  by Nelson Bay

Try this- go to the csx website (csx.com), click on "contact us", then on the "rail fan" subject then on "tell CSX". You'll get a form to submit- descibe your situation and request permission to share the drawing you have and ask them for copies of the other drawings. Should work- I'm sure they support the museum.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

#429601  by rfederle

Thank you Nelson Bay,

I'll give that a shot, again. I didn't realize they had a Railfan heading. They do change pretty often though.

I appreciate thwe info and if I hear anything back I'll be sure to let you all know too.

Robert