Railroad Forums 

• Metra Coaches in Syracuse on the NYS&W

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#81328  by SRS125

I was just over at the mall in Syracuse and spotted 3 Metra Bi-Level coaches siting there is this going to be a replacement for the RDC's?

#92383  by ANDY117

No, they were all bi level coaches. OnTrack might be getting some trailers.

#92435  by SRS125

ON Track planing to try and run 2 trains back and forth between SU and the Mall?? or would this be a back up when the RDC's are in for inspections and repairs?

#92467  by ANDY117

how would they be propelled? they're all coaches.

#92665  by SRS125

anouther locomotive.

#92677  by ANDY117

OnTrack has locomotives!?! Since when? I thought it was only 4 RDC's.

#92792  by SRS125

no they don't have any locomotives. It makes no cents to buy 3 bi-level coaches unless they plan to buy or lease a locomotive to move them back and forth. Unless NYS&W has something to do with it.

#93687  by trainfreak

They are probaly going to go to the NYSWTHS down in Butler, NJ they have been aquiring "new" passenger cars lately and will probaly be rebuilding them for service on tourist trains. There are 5 or 6 ex ConnDOT cars (i think) down in Buter awaiting work. Plus if the NYSW owns the bilevels they could use them for private trains or inspection trains.

#95688  by ANDY117

Now some are here in Bingo.

#96337  by David Hutchinson

two more of these coaches on the NYSW/NS interchange track at North Bergen, NJ (Resources) today...........

#96354  by ANDY117

Anyone have an exact number?