Railroad Forums 

• NYSW to own CEFX leasors

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#988994  by sullivan1985

So.. I'm surprised there is not already a 2-page discussion on this.

A pair of CEFX GP20Ds #2010 & #2029 arrived recently on the NYSW. Will we be seeing these on the locals?

Also have heard some interesting rumors about the future of certain power but do not want to spread anything until I'm sure.
 #989235  by waldwickrailfan

a report on altoonaworks facebook page states that the NYSW has purchased 8 CEFX engines to be rebuilt to SD60's. numbers not known yet.

the person who said they will rebuild them claims to be a NYSW employee.
Last edited by waldwickrailfan on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #989279  by waldwickrailfan

Steve F45 wrote:WHAT??????????????????????????????????

What is to happen to the other SD40's and 45's in storage? Forget the 70m's.
dont know about the others, except someone said they will try to fix the 70m's. and they also stated they will be renumbered to the 3800 series when they get rebuilt.
 #989487  by Steve F45

NYSW3022 wrote:Old news. This has been known about for months.
well it may be old news but its new news to most of us railfans. Can anyone elaborate a little more?

Where's kingfish when you need him? LOL
 #989529  by NYSW3022

Steve F45 wrote:
well it may be old news but its new news to most of us railfans. Can anyone elaborate a little more?

what is there to elaborate on? the railroad is getting new power at some point.
 #989567  by waldwickrailfan

NYSW3022 wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:

what is there to elaborate on? the railroad is getting new power at some point.
new news to most railfans along the susie-Q, including me and Steve. they are the current CEFX engines renumbered to 3800 series, and rebuilt to SD60's. also painted in NYSW colors, again this is just what i'm told, not saying it is 100% right, things change, just remember that as something may change later on.
 #989580  by scottychaos

Photos:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 892&nseq=2

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 409&nseq=7

interesting..clearly old SD45's! now classed as SD40M-2's..(obviously rebuild SD45's)
but where is the "SD60" reference coming from then?
I doubt they are going to be rebuilt *again*..

a quick scan around the internet suggests these are mostly (or perhaps all) originally SP units..
I will try to find the exact heritage of all of them..

are there only the four of them coming to NYSW? or are there more?

Scot
 #989603  by waldwickrailfan

scottychaos wrote:Photos:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 892&nseq=2

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 409&nseq=7

interesting..clearly old SD45's! now classed as SD40M-2's..(obviously rebuild SD45's)
but where is the "SD60" reference coming from then?
I doubt they are going to be rebuilt *again*..

a quick scan around the internet suggests these are mostly (or perhaps all) originally SP units..
I will try to find the exact heritage of all of them..

are there only the four of them coming to NYSW? or are there more?

Scot
the person who told me this said they were to be rebuilt to SD60's. he also said 8 units were aquired. however your post sounds more realistic and practical. i think Scot has a better explaination.