Railroad Forums 

• Detour/Special Trains

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#973527  by NYSW3022

It appears that 30T and the SU100 will be combined. Should make for quite the sight going over the mountain.
 #973606  by pumpers

blockline4180 wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:BT is passaic junction correct?
Correct.
I think Passaic Junction is BT (Bergen Transfer) on the Erie Bergen County Line and PC on the NYSW. Perhaps PC is from PassaiC.
JS
 #974510  by cruiser939

pumpers wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:
Steve F45 wrote:BT is passaic junction correct?
Correct.
I think Passaic Junction is BT (Bergen Transfer) on the Erie Bergen County Line and PC on the NYSW. Perhaps PC is from PassaiC.
JS
edited to avoid confusion: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 52#p974552
Last edited by cruiser939 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #974511  by cruiser939

chuxter26 wrote:NJT 4201-4126 with 15 cars left Port at 10am
With this move complete, Port Jervis yard is entirely Metro North Owned equipment. I would have given you guys the heads up on Friday but I was busy and couldn't make it online. I'm glad word got out though and some video/pictures were taken.
 #974540  by SecaucusJunction

cruiser939 wrote: BT is not Passaic Junction. I believe Passaic Junction is the switch on the NYS&W main in Hawthorne that leads to the small yard and the connection to NJT's Main Line. BT of course is the interlocking on NJT's Bergen County Line and connection to the NYS&W.

No, Passaic Jct is in Saddle Brook where the NYSW connects with the Bergen Line. I believe NS serves a customer right at the spur and NYSW has a bulk transfer yard there. Passaic Jct is shown on the NYSW.com map and is well east of Hawthorne and Paterson.
 #974541  by brianc02

Passaic Junction "PC" --NYSW designation for the NJT Bergen Main line connection in Saddle Brook. The large yard between Midland Ave. and Mayhill St. is known as Passaic Junction yard.

Bergen Transfer "BT"-- NJT/NS designation for the connection with the NYSW in Saddle Brook.

The crossing is crossbuck protection only, with no warning lights or gates on Midland Ave. NS uses this connection a lot when switching out the brick yard or when a detour runs from the NYSW to NJT, vice versa.

So technically both are correct depending on which railroad you view from.
 #974544  by blockline4180

Yeah, but according to "Cruiser939" you guys are dead wrong!!! You have to remember that "Cruiser939" is a high ranking employee at NJT and knows everything, so how dare you dispute him!!!!
 #974552  by cruiser939

blockline4180 wrote:Yeah, but according to "Cruiser939" you guys are dead wrong!!! You have to remember that "Cruiser939" is a high ranking employee at NJT and knows everything, so how dare you dispute him!!!!
While your sarcasm is noted, the general tenor of your message falls well short of productive. It would appear as if I was mistaken about the location of Passaic Junction on the NYS&W. I've never made the claim of being infallible but I do appreciate that you think I'm a high ranking employee and know everything. I didn't have access to my track chart of unfamiliar territory and simply ran off of what I believed to be correct. You'll notice that I never explicitly stated that I knew where Passaic Junction was and only shared my beliefs on it's location.

To clarify though Blockline and Pumpers; as Brian pointed out in his previous post, BT and PC are two different interlockings controlled from two very separate places. They might both control a common track and be located very close to each other, but that does not make them the same interlocking. So you were in fact wrong when you said they were.
Last edited by cruiser939 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #974556  by blockline4180

cruiser939 wrote: While your sarcasm is noted, the general tenor of your message falls well short of productive]

Why thank you very much!! However, I could really careless that you think my message falls well short of being productive!!! Additionally, I will sleep a lot easier tonight now that I was told that!!! :-)
 #974569  by cruiser939

And the world keeps turning...