Railroad Forums 

• Detour/Special Trains

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#972000  by cruiser939

DutchRailnut wrote:Riiiight, what contract
He said contact, not contract. Still doesn't make it any more believable though...
 #972001  by cruiser939

MattFels-man wrote:MetroNorth contact says that there will be 8 MN locos and about 75-80 cars ferrying down the NYSQ as unit train tonight.
Thanks for the one post wonder. I'd love to see how this is possible given that there aren't 8 MN locomotives up there and only about half the number of coaches that your "contact" claims are going to be a part of this fantasy unit train.
 #972113  by NYSW3022

Add to that that there is no NYS&W dispatcher on duty on a Saturday night, and no crews on duty that are qualified past Pelton road on a Saturday either. Not that there can't be a dispatcher or a crew made avalible, but the NYS&W isn't going to go through all that just for this on a Saturday night.
 #972116  by DutchRailnut

at right price NYS&W would call dispatchers and crews, and have them show up in pink dresses, money talks.
 #972186  by NYSW3022

DutchRailnut wrote:at right price NYS&W would call dispatchers and crews, and have them show up in pink dresses, money talks.

But of course. I was speaking of a typical Saturday night.
 #972381  by sullivan1985

There is talk of this move POSSIBLY happening tomorrow. Have not heard about any specific times. Plan is for the NJT crew to originate in Hoboken to take one engine and two coaches up and drill the cars into the existing sets in Port Jervis. Then return with the 4201 and the 16 coaches seen in this picture: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2729190

NYSW pilot crew should board at Hawthorne or BT... whichever way NJT/NYSW agree to go. I assume if this is how the move is made that the NYSW crew will come for the ride all the way to PO and back.

None of this is concrete and I do not guarantee anything in this post but this is coming from real sources. Should any concrete details become available, I will share.
 #972403  by Jtgshu

sullivan1985 wrote:There is talk of this move POSSIBLY happening tomorrow. Have not heard about any specific times. Plan is for the NJT crew to originate in Hoboken to take one engine and two coaches up and drill the cars into the existing sets in Port Jervis. Then return with the 4201 and the 16 coaches seen in this picture: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2729190

NYSW pilot crew should board at Hawthorne or BT... whichever way NJT/NYSW agree to go. I assume if this is how the move is made that the NYSW crew will come for the ride all the way to PO and back.

None of this is concrete and I do not guarantee anything in this post but this is coming from real sources. Should any concrete details become available, I will share.
ugh! Long nose forward all the way down? why not take 2 locos up, and leave the one up there with the 2 cars and then put the other on the head end of the 4201 so its not a horrid trip......

the 4201 is gonna get a workout if going by itself :) hahaha
 #973449  by blockline4180

sullivan1985 wrote:NJT crew on duty in Hoboken at 5:50P. Two engines and a cab car to PO via NYSW at BT.

Also a detoured CP 30T headed east over NYSW at the moment.

Wonderful!
Thanks!
 #973455  by blockline4180

Steve F45 wrote:BT is passaic junction correct?

Correct.
 #973458  by blockline4180

Steve F45 wrote:its a good day to get out of work 2 hours early.
Do you have any idea the location of 30T at this moment??