Railroad Forums 

• Activity at Rochelle Park

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#66600  by riffian

Have noticed a number of gondolas along route 17 in Rochelle Park (or Maywood). Is this the Corman rail train? Also note a fairly long spur and tank cars in this same location. Anyone know what the customer is and the history of this spur? It seems to run down next, or near to the Sears warehouse.

#66655  by railtrailbiker

Isn't there a Superfund site in Maywood being cleaned up with the contaminated material being removed via rail cars?

#66682  by sullivan1985

I've seen that place too... The Q has been servicing that place for as long as I can remember. I remember once seeing a GP-18 drilling the yard once too while driving past it on Rt. 17.

The only thing I can say about whats going on there is it looks like they are removing debris, but they have been doing it for years, so I can't say for sure,

#66890  by cjvrr

That had been a Thorium contaminated site, actually in Maywood. They took a mountain of stuff out of their. Now they are taking out material trucked to this location from other contaminated sites.

I also think there is another customer on the same lead that got tank cars. Not sure what is in the tanks.

There is another facility in North Bergen on the Q that also loads contaminated dirt into gondolas.