Railroad Forums 

• Susquehanna passenger cars

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#855480  by walterconklin

Hello,

I am looking for photos of Susquehanna Railroad cars used in service from the 1890s - 1930s. Does anyone have photos of these cars? I am particularly looking for information about the type of passenger cars used on the Hanford Branch.

Thank you for your time.

Walter
 #857524  by Otto Vondrak

walterconklin wrote:Hello,

I am looking for photos of Susquehanna Railroad cars used in service from the 1890s - 1930s. Does anyone have photos of these cars? I am particularly looking for information about the type of passenger cars used on the Hanford Branch.

Thank you for your time.

Walter
Carstens has an excellent book featuring many great photos from the period you're asking about. I learned a lot about the Hanford Branch operations, and the photos are crisp and clear.

http://www.carstensbookstore.com/sunewyosuweb.html

-otto-