Railroad Forums 

• All Current NYSW Operations - 2010

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#749631  by Mark Wengert

Is there a set time / schedule that trains run out of Utica? seems that i could find a train heading south around noon on fridays during the summer. is this the normal for the year? thanks for the help.
Mark
 #762530  by Mark Wengert

seems that the utica train heads to waterville every friday at around 11:00 am. passed stone rd. at about 11:30 and finally caught up to it switching out IL Richer in sangersfield at around noon or just after. very interesting to wathc them switch the engine to the other end ot the train. brakeman costed the cars passed the 3040 and locked up the hand brakes to stop it..... still trying to figure out when they switch out sherburne dog food plant.
Heard rumors the West Edmeston yogert plant is buying old P&G plant in woods corners ( norwich) and was interested in rain service. truth to it????? not sure.
 #762948  by Kaback9

SU-99/SU-100 runs twice a week but it really depends on how much traffic they have days have been varying though.
 #763213  by JoeCollege

Agro Pharma is interested in the Woods Corners plant, and is pursuing. They are very interested in rail service provided it's viable. There are 1-2 other existing outfits in Norwich currently investigating rail service restoration as well.
 #763796  by rcbsd45

On the Southern Division(Warwick, NY to north Bergen/Jersey City, NJ), there are the following assignments: WS-1, WS-2, WS-3, WS-4, and WS-5. The "WS" desifnation spriongs from the term "West Shore", a reference to the former NYC(now CSX) River Line that parallels (and orginially interchanged with) the NYS&W at Ridgefield Park NJ. this interchange was re established in advance of the Conrail split in 1999. WS-1 usually goes on at 4 AM, WS-2 usually about 6 AM, WS-3 goes on at 3 PM, WS- goes on at 2:30PM some days, 12:30 PM two days a week(I forget which). WS-5 goes on at 5 PM, except Fridays, it goes on at 4:15 PM, and is the local that goes to Sparta Jct and return. WS-1 and WS-3 generally are confined to the CSX intermodal yard in Little ferry, but occasionally do other work.

The SU-100's are currently running twice a week, Sunday and Wednesdays out of Binghamton, and the crew returns the following evenings on the SU-99. Traffic will dictate if this gets expanded back to the former 3-round trips a week schedule.

Will do some research and get you somne Northern Division info when I can.
 #766433  by ErieLimited2914

rcbsd45 wrote:On the Southern Division(Warwick, NY to north Bergen/Jersey City, NJ), there are the following assignments: WS-1, WS-2, WS-3, WS-4, and WS-5. The "WS" desifnation spriongs from the term "West Shore", a reference to the former NYC(now CSX) River Line that parallels (and orginially interchanged with) the NYS&W at Ridgefield Park NJ. this interchange was re established in advance of the Conrail split in 1999. WS-1 usually goes on at 4 AM, WS-2 usually about 6 AM, WS-3 goes on at 3 PM, WS- goes on at 2:30PM some days, 12:30 PM two days a week(I forget which). WS-5 goes on at 5 PM, except Fridays, it goes on at 4:15 PM, and is the local that goes to Sparta Jct and return. WS-1 and WS-3 generally are confined to the CSX intermodal yard in Little ferry, but occasionally do other work.

The SU-100's are currently running twice a week, Sunday and Wednesdays out of Binghamton, and the crew returns the following evenings on the SU-99. Traffic will dictate if this gets expanded back to the former 3-round trips a week schedule.

Will do some research and get you somne Northern Division info when I can.
My uncle owns the Ft. Plain freight house at MP 199.9 on the River Live across from the West Shore bike path.

What time would WS-5 get up to Butler? Or any train get up to Butler for that matter?
 #766591  by lvrr325

Fort Plain is west of Canajoharie, isn't it? Milepost is about right for there. That would put your uncle's freight house not on the River Line but on what CSX calls the Mohawk Sub, the former NYC mainline. The West Shore in Fort Plain is still fairly obvious but has been abandoned since about 1982 if not older.

I suspect that the locals out of Little Ferry are going to be difficult to predict without a good knowledge of what work they do. Even then it's liable to vary greatly from one day to the next.
 #767129  by rcbsd45

USUALLY (but not always) within the "window" of 5 PM 70 7 PM.... Lately they have been getting called for an on duty time or 6 or 6:30 PM.
 #767375  by ErieLimited2914

rcbsd45 wrote:USUALLY (but not always) within the "window" of 5 PM 70 7 PM.... Lately they have been getting called for an on duty time or 6 or 6:30 PM.
That would be in Binghamton, not Little Ferry, correct?
 #767494  by lvrr325

JoeCollege wrote:Agro Pharma is interested in the Woods Corners plant, and is pursuing. They are very interested in rail service provided it's viable. There are 1-2 other existing outfits in Norwich currently investigating rail service restoration as well.
I've forgotten if there's washouts on both sides or just one, if both, anyone know offhand which side is going to be easiest to repair?