Railroad Forums 

• NYSW 3020

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#3014  by NYSW3614

According to Al Gorney on the yahoo list., former BLDX 1603 is now NYSW 3020.

#3665  by rcbsd45

Are they gonna let the NS sideswipe THIS one like the 3022 was as soon as IT was renumbered? Gotta break them in somehow.....

#3674  by trainfreak

So was that sideswiping determined to be completley NS's fault? Or was it just a fluke incident.

#3706  by rcbsd45

Isn't a "fluke incdent" something that involves a fish? Actually, it was a freak accident, caused by inattention by the NS crew.....no injuries and such and the damage wasn't all that bad.....

#3750  by trainfreak

So it was just a real screw up on NS's part. Who paid to get it rerailed and repaired though?

#4048  by nysw3636

Bring back the SD45's and F45!!!! I know, wishful thinking on my part as I believe 3612 is now a carcuss :(

ASD

#4050  by NYSW3614

That'd be nice, but highly doubt it. They all need very major work and are very tired engines from what I understand..

#4689  by Paul

Once again, Walter is buying tired engines. Glad you guys are getting the T-motors. I for one am glad they are gone or gone and I don't have to mess with them anymore.

#9132  by NYC27

Back to NYSW 3020, I've seen BLDX 1603 reported now as being both the 3020 and 3022. Also 3020 isn't tracing online yet and 3022 is. Are you guys sure that there IS a 3020, if so can you help straighten out the heritage of these two units?

Thanks in advance

#9812  by N_DL640A

3020 does exist and is former 1603. It is former NS, built for N&W.

#11774  by O-6-O

3020 IS/WAS NW 1603; I saw it today Sun. 4/11 on the east side of
the shop/frieght house complex. It's sitting a few feet west of the derail
on the switch lead for eastbound movements. It was running. Maybe
going to Selkirk for work? One curious thing though, its typical NW
long hood forward as indicted by th(f) on the frame but it has the control
stand on the left. Or maybe dual control? I was tempted to climb on and
look in the cab but deceided not to. The NW/bldx 1602 is also in the yard
with same control location. Anybody enlighten me? Also F-45 3636 is
on the shop lead behind one of the domes, hope they are rehabing her.
Loads of half torn apart GE engines around there too.

#11796  by rcbsd45

Assuming you don't work for the RR or the leasee of the property, I would assume you would be responsible enough to stay off the equipment and property, much less advertise it on an internet forum. If ya do work on the property, there should be no problem accessing the equipment. Please practice responsible railfanning and don't go where ya don't have to be. Besides, if you were spotted on the equipment, it becomes a FEDERAL trespassing charge as well as the local laws being applicable, as railroads are federally regulated. Don't make things more difficult then they already may be, at least for any other fans in the area!

#11868  by The Man

When I spoke to friend at the shop he told me that the SD-40 was going to selkirk for wheel work and it has been sitting there for some time and will run out of fuel before it gets picked up. I find that funny. I work for a company that is involved with the NYSW and the 3636 was on the shop lead to see how bad the crank was. That seems to be the bulk of the NYSW power issues that you raised. As for other happenings. The RHSX 613 is in Jamesville and is to be moved to AS or UT next. The E9's (So I am told) are going to Bingo. The B-40's are sold to another short line and will be moved with in a month or two. And on the SD-45 front the 3612 (I think) is or has been scraped. The 14,18 and 34 are in limbo. I was also told the 120 would be in service sometime this summer. As for the GP-18's The 1800 seems to be doing well, I was over there not to long ago and it looked great. The 1804 needs a prime mover (so I am told) and they are looking for one now. I was also told that more power is on it's way! I sure hope all of what I was told turns to be true. Sure would be nice to see the GP-18's and a GP-7 working a local on the SYR line!!!

JJ

#12501  by O-6-O

rcbsd45: Thanks, thats the first time I,ve ever been chewed out for some-
thing i DIDN,T do. Chill out man!!!!!!! What part of"temped but
didn,t" don,t you get.

STEAMED ON

#12733  by charlie6017

Thread's unlocked.......now be nice! :D