Railroad Forums 

• NYS&W - over starucca

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#54275  by jaash5

Hey I am trying to go down and visit it in october. I have heard reports that susie q was noe running a daytime friegth over the viaduct and my brother and dad saw one a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone know the scheduale for freights over the old Erie?

#54378  by cjvrr

Unfortunately there is no set schedule. Your best bet to find out when a train is coming is to subscribe to the NYSW Yahoo Group. Most train movements are posted on that list. From that you can figure out what time they would get to Starucca

Chris

#54482  by trainfreak

I am not up on running times from the NYSW Southern Division to Starucca but ive seen photos in railpace of daylight SU99's on the teir. I guess if the SU99 leaves later in the night from Little Ferry it will hit Starucca during daylight.

#54621  by Lackawanna484

I don't have the running times in front of me, but a typical westbound will leave Little Ferry between 8 and 10 pm, which puts in Port Jervis three and a half to four hours later. Figure another another three to four hours to Starucca, which will be dark this time of the year.

Way, way back when Suskie was a pup, they ran really oddball consists on the haulage trains. Coupla C430s, a CF-7, C420, two GP18s, etc. Might have had an Alco RS-2 on one but I doubt it.