Railroad Forums 

• Wyckoff Last Night (1/19)

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#627123  by RichM

I crossed over at Franklin Avenue about 7 PM last night, and was suprised to see a westbound train stopped just south of the road crossing... looked like a NS-painted GP 38 with several material handling cars stopped there. I couldn't see that far south, wasn't sure if this was the regular SU or simply a WS run, as the -38 confused me.

Anybody know if this was a stall or just a McDonald's or Starbucks safety break?

Rich
 #627207  by SecaucusJunction

My guess would be a break, but I really have no information to back that up. I got "stuck" at the Pulis Ave crossing twice last week because the NS 38 was on a local going back and forth over the crossing. I remember when I used to live in Wyckoff in the 1980's, the crews frequently stopped at McDonalds for lunch etc. Of course, there weren't many trains on the line back in the day.
 #893527  by Bn4112njt

I have recorded many videos of the su99 stopping in wyckoff. what they are doing is stopping at the bank of america to get money i caught them doing this 8 times
 #977818  by waldwickrailfan

RichM wrote:I crossed over at Franklin Avenue about 7 PM last night, and was suprised to see a westbound train stopped just south of the road crossing... looked like a NS-painted GP 38 with several material handling cars stopped there. I couldn't see that far south, wasn't sure if this was the regular SU or simply a WS run, as the -38 confused me.

Anybody know if this was a stall or just a McDonald's or Starbucks safety break?

Rich
most days the local (WS-#) stops there for a mcdonalds break. usually lasts about 15-20 minutes.